1. HOW WOULD YOU DISTINGUISH YOURSELF/ YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY STYLE FROM OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS IN THE COUNTRY ?
“The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.” – elliot erwitt
2. HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH CELEBRITIES WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED BY VARIOUS PHOTOGRAPHERS IN VARIOUS DIFFERENT WAYS?
“I think like any artist, and in most creative fields, you are always looking to create something new. No matter how many times you photograph a particular subject, there are always new ways of looking at it. For me I try to look for small moments during a shoot that bring out an element of that persons character. However it’s important that everyone involved, including the celebrity, is open to creating something new.”
3. TELL US ABOUT A SHOOT THAT ABSOLUTELY DID NOT GO AS PLANNED/ WENT ABSOLUTELY HAYWIRE!
“I was photographing Dayanna Erappa on a horse recently and as soon as we opened up a reflector, the light startled the horse, which then reared up with Dayana on top of it. This would have normally been pretty funny except that it started to fall backward and a metre behind them was this swamp/pond. With all the jewellery and designer wear she had on, that could have ended very very badly.”
4. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MOST MEMORABLE SHOOT SO FAR? / BEST WORK?
“My best work is always when I get to travel. New places and new people always bring out the best in me. Bali and Udaipur have been the most memorable.”
5. IS THERE SOMETHING YOU REALLY WANTED TO DO BUT STILL HAVEN’T GOTTEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO?
“Yes! Photograph Deepika Padukone!”
6. WHO DID YOU LOVE WORKING WITH THE MOST?
“Lisa Haydon is my all time favourite.”
7. WHO ACCORDING TO YOU IS THE MOST PHOTOGENIC PERSON YOU HAVE PHOTOGRAPHED? / WHO WOULD YOU LOVE TO PHOTOGRAPH AND STILL HAVEN’T GOTTEN THE CHANCE TO?
“Hard because there are a few but if I had to pick, I think it is very hard to take a bad photograph of Athiya Shetty.”
8.WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PHOTOGRAPHING STYLE OF ALL TIMES?
“Peter Lindbergh portraits are timeless.”
9. IF NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
“I was once a pretty decent cricketer. Who knows!”
10. WHICH IS THE MOST PICTURESQUE LOCATION IN THE WORLD?
“Udaipur Lake Palace”
11. WHERE DO YOU SEEK INSPIRATION FROM?
“Lately a lot has come through Netflix! Im in love with the cinematography on shows like GOT, Vikings, The Crown, Sense 8, Marco Polo.”
12. ONE THING YOU LOVE AND ONE THING YOU HATE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
“I love the photography. Hate everything else from retouching to accounting to running a business but hey!”
13. YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD?
“Im happy near the ocean.”
14. THE WORD/PHRASE YOU USE THE MOST?
15. TELL US ONE THING NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT YOU
“I‘ve never bought a new camera.”