1) KARAN JOHAR IS KNOWN FOR HIS ECCENTRIC, OPULENT STYLE. WHAT IS THE PROCESS YOU FOLLOW WHILE STYLING HIM?
“We just have fun when are putting things together.”
2) MEN FIND IT HARD TO EXPERIMENT WITH THEIR LOOKS. HOW DO YOU MAKE SUITING FOR BLACK TIE EVENTS INTERESTING ?
“With red carpets you make sure that either you are going old school or you try to have fun with interesting jackets, bow ties, lapel pins, ties, cuts of the suit, waist coat cuts etc. You can put all of these together but make sure you have your classics in place.”
3) YOU INCORPORATE A LOT OF BLING AND EMBELLISHMENTS IN YOUR STYLING. DO YOU THINK THE ENVELOPE SHOULD BE PUSHED FOR MENSWEAR STYLING IN INDIA?
“Yes I definitely think so. There is so much more to do in menswear styling but it is not open to too many people. There are a lot of people who don’t know how to go about menswear. Now, slowly India is also opening up to menswear. We see some many trying to look good, trying to wear the correct thing and trying different things. It is amazing.”
4) WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE MAJOR MENSWEAR TRENDS IN 2019?
“A lot of metallics in 2019. Prints are a new thing for 2019.”
5) WHAT ARE SOME THINGS MEN SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WHILE SELECTING A SUIT FOR THEMSELVES?
“You should make sure that the fit of the suit is very correct. The lapel of the suit needs to be really nice. Small details like stitches on the suit, lapel, fit of the pant, length of the sleeve need to be looked at. Along with a perfect white shirt.”
6) A MYTH ABOUT BEING A CELEBRITY STYLIST YOU WANT TO BREAK?
“It is not so fancy as it looks like! ”
Photography by- Abheet Gidwani
Clothing by – Falguni Shane Peacock
Hamper Courtesy- Sova, Decleor, Moroccan Oil
Beverage Courtesy- Black Water
Calligraphy By- Dancing Pen & Co
Desserts By- Toujours
Decor- Fiorella India