1. Get to know the people you’re shooting. It is very important to know a couple of things about them and have a clue of their personalities. It helps immensely.
2. See if there is a theme in the wedding so that you can incorporate in some way in your photos. You can use props that add up to the theme or set up theme corners. This is an extra touch no one expects you to do but it will please your clients a lot.
3. Take advantage of the natural surroundings or the decorations. If you’re shooting near the beach for example, don’t hesitate to ask your couple to go for some shots to the sea front. A nice background will give you very interesting results.
4. Make sure you have some time alone with the couple. During the wedding functions, time left for the couple is very limited and everyone is monopolizing them. Make sure you have planned with the production for a time slot with the couple.
5. Shoot first for you and then for your clients. If you’re happy with the results, your clients will also be. You are hired for your personal style after all.