1) HOW LONG BEFORE CANNES DO YOU START PREPARING AND WHAT IS THE PROCESS LIKE? WHAT IS THE ONE KEY FACTOR THAT YOU KEEP IN MIND BEFORE DRESSING AISHWARYA UP FOR THE CANNES RED CARPET?
“We usually start planning Cannes 3-4 months prior to the event (right after Couture week). The planning is extensive and detailed. There is a lot which goes around while planning Cannes.
One key factor that I keep in mind is that I don’t overpower Aishwarya’s personality. We balance is out with keeping trends in mind and what works for her.”
2) WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE CANNES LOOK STYLED BY YOU?
“Definitely Michael Cinco in 2017 and 2018 and the Georges Chakra gown in 2015.”
3) AISHWARYA HAS DONE SOME BOLD BEAUTY AND FASHION LOOKS. HOW MUCH OF IT IS HER INPUT?
“She has been in the industry for so many years. She has a very strong personal style. It is a combination of her personal style and me putting trends together. It is team work.”
4) APART FROM AISHWARYA, WHO DO YOU THINK HAD THE BEST RED CARPET STYLE AT CANNES IN 2018?
“I think Sonam Kapoor does really well at Cannes. It is a delight to watch her looks.”
5) HOW DO YOU HANDLE CRITICISM THAT COMES YOUR WAY ?
“Criticism is a part of my job. I take it with a good spirit. I try to learn with what people have to say. I also don’t take it too seriously because you have to filter.”
6) A MYTH ABOUT BEING A CELEBRITY STYLIST YOU WANT TO BREAK?
“People think that we are constantly having a very good time or we are out and about partying, but it is actually not like that. There is a lot of hard work and working hours that goes into it . Usually people don’t realise this until they start working.”
Photography by- Abheet Gidwani
Clothing by – Falguni Shane Peacock
Hamper Courtesy- Sova, Decleor, Moroccan Oil
Beverage Courtesy- Black Water
Calligraphy By- Dancing Pen & Co
Desserts By- Toujours
Decor- Fiorella India