1) TELL US THE PROCESS AND PREPARATION THAT GOES BEHIND CREATING MET GALA LOOKS?
“For the Met Gala there is a theme that they give out a couple of months before the event every year. The designer chooses the actress that they want to dress for the Met Gala. You work really closely with the designer to decide what the outfit should be and how much drama you want. There is a process of fitting and hair and makeup trials. It is a at least a 2/3 month process for getting the met gala look right.”
2) OVER THE YEARS, WHAT IS THE ONE TRICK THAT HAS ALWAYS WORKED AND ONE THING THAT IS A COMPLETE NO-NO FOR THE RED CARPET?
“For the red carpet I always want to do some kind of drama- a trail or volume in the shoulders or something in the sleeves. For me, that is really important. There needs to be some wow factor in the outfit.
Straight dresses which end just at the ground are a complete no-no. It is something that I hate.”
3) THERE MUST BE SOME LAST MINUTE MISHAPS THAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED BEFORE A RED CARPET EVENT. CAN YOU RECALL ONE SUCH INCIDENT?
“During one of the biggest red carpet events, the dress went missing in the courier. It reached us just two hours before Deepika was going to wear it. It is one of the scariest things that has happened.”
4) WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE RED CARPET LOOK OF DEEPIKA SO FAR?
“I think my favourite red carpet look of Deepika was this pink Ashi Studio dress she wore at Cannes. It was a beautiful colour. It was interesting because it was short in the front and long in the back. The minute she walked on the red carpet, the energy of the photographers and everyone was so amazing. It is something I will never forget.”
5) A MYTH ABOUT BEING A CELEBRITY STYLIST YOU WANT TO BREAK?
“I don’t think it is a glamorous job at all. It is really hard. But I love doing it and that’s what makes it fun and interesting.”
Photography by- Abheet Gidwani
Clothing by – Falguni Shane Peacock
Hamper Courtesy- Sova, Decleor, Moroccan Oil
Beverage Courtesy- Black Water
Calligraphy By- Dancing Pen & Co
Desserts By- Toujours
Decor- Fiorella India