Riya Jain’s blog, Caugh in Cuff, grew in an exponent amount in a short time. She started documenting her personal style through her blog in 2014, which soon escalated when brands started to approach her and she became a full-fledged fashion influencer. Her aesthetic is easy-chic, she likes to play with colour but has a sublime sense of taste when it comes to putting together a look. At the #iamfsp2.0 t-shirt campaign launch, in a conversation with The Peacock Magazine, Riya deciphered the secrets behind becoming a fashion blogger and how consistency is the key to success.
1) WITH THE NUMBER OF FASHION BLOGGERS CONSTANTLY GROWING, HOW DO YOU MAKE SURE YOUR APPROACH TOWARD FASHION REMAINS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS?
“To be honest, there will always be competition; you just need to confident in who you are and what your content is, and that’s what keeps me going.”
2) WHAT ARE THE BEHIND THE SCENE CHALLENGES YOU FACE WHILE CREATING FASHION CONTENT?
“There are a lot of challenges we face which we don’t show on the camera, whether it’s finding the perfect location or dealing with the Mumbai traffic, it’s a hustle. Don’t even get me started on the stares that the starring onlookers, it’s a task but it’s worth it.”
3) HOW DOES AN ASPIRING FASHION BLOGGER TURN ITS BLOG INTO A FLEDGED BUSINESS?
“To be very frank, be patient, be organic, show what you are, be confident. Don’t try and emulate anyone, just be patient and if your work is good the brands will approach you.”
4) A FASHION BLOGGER WHO HAS BEEN A GAME CHANGER ACCORDING TO YOU?
“Everybody here is doing a great job, I don’t have a specific name but everyone’s work is inspiring.”
5) IMPORTANT LESSONS YOU’VE LEARNT FROM YOUR OWN JOURNEY AS A FASHION BLOGGER?
“I’ve learnt a lot of things; it’s been a rollercoaster ride for me. There are times when I lose my confidence, but I get it all back together, all because of my audience who constantly supports me. It has been a crazy journey but I’ve learnt to deal with my highs and my lows.”