1) WITH SUSTAINABLE FASHION BECOMING MAJOR IN THE WEST, DO YOU THINK IT IS TIME THAT ESTABLISHED INDIAN DESIGNERS ALSO TOOK A STEP TOWARDS IT?
“I think it is the need of the hour. Some people are engaging with it and some aren’t. Should people be knowing more about it? 100% yes.”
2) HOW DO YOU MAKE CONSUMERS MORE AWARE ABOUT SUSTAINABLE BRANDS AMIDST THE GLITZ AND GLAM OF THE POPULAR BRANDS?
“We are visualisers. We create amazing imagery that people relate to and if we can create beautiful imagery around considered style, people will find the appeal for it.”
3) DO YOU THINK SUSTAINABLE FASHION IS THE NEED OF THE HOUR?
“200%. We have all understood that industry practices impact the environment detrimentally. So within the industry, government policy and individual practice, if we can all take steps to reduce the impact- we can still have fun with creativity without having the kind of negative impact it has right now.”
4) HOW CAN CONSUMERS START WORKING TOWARDS BEING MORE SUSTAINABLE?
“Luckily, most of us are on the internet and there is a lot of information available there. Some of the basic things you can do is buy vintage, buy less, repeat what you wear and be imaginative about the way you repeat your outfits.”
5) AS A FASHION EDITOR AND STYLIST, WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MOST FULFILLING FASHION MOMENT SO FAR?
“That’s a really tough question! But I love when we can do something beautifully without having a crazy impact. Recently, I did a shoot where we used beetroot juice for makeup, flowers to dye the fabric and we used no plastic on the set. It was a very clean shoot that we did and I loved that.”
6) A MYTH ABOUT BEING A CELEBRITY STYLIST YOU WANT TO BREAK?
“That we need to have expensive clothes and a lot of clothes. You can have very little and still create a lot out of it. Using the concept of minimalism and creating a lot out of it is something that I play with.”
Photography by- Abheet Gidwani
Clothing by – Falguni Shane Peacock
Hamper Courtesy- Sova, Decleor, Moroccan Oil
Beverage Courtesy- Black Water
Calligraphy By- Dancing Pen & Co
Desserts By- Toujours
Decor- Fiorella India