Summer is the most anticipated time of the year, people all around the world are chalking out their calendars to travel to exotic locations, where they can work on that golden tan on a beach with a Bellini. Apart from pinning all the cute swimsuit inspirations on your Pinterest board, you need to bookmark these beauty essentials to get that perfect holiday glow. Now you may think of it as an extra hassle, but these travel sized beauty products are all you need for that Instagramable shot. Here’s a quick lay down of the products you need in your vanity and how to infuse them in your holiday-ready looks.
1) SUNSCREEN/SUNBLOCK – This one may sound like a no brainer, but a good sunscreen with an optimum amount of SPF is of utmost importance in your travel beauty cabinet. Lather yourself up in sunscreen before you’re stepping out, irrespective of whether it’s sunny or gloomy; always have your sunscreen on, and do not limit the application just to your face.
Sunscreen recommendations: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 50+ Sunblock and Biotique Bio Sandalwood 50+ SPF Sunscreen Ultra Soothing Face Lotion
2) LIP BALM – Not enough stress can be given on how dehydrated your lips can get in hot and humid weather, and nobody likes chapped/scruffy lips, so treat them with the goodness of a hydrating lip balm and you’re good to go. Lip balms are lightweight they just leave a tint of colour on your lips without drying them up, and that’s exactly what you need on a relaxing holiday.
Lip Balm recommendations: Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer and Maybelline New York Baby Lips Color
3) MOISTURIZER – Investing in a good moisturizer while you’re on a holiday and otherwise can be a lifetime investment in your skin health, for all that you put your skin through; a moisturizer is a boon in disguise. It hydrates and prevents your skin from drying up, something you need to take care of when your skin is exposed too much to the sun.
Moisturizer recommendations: L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Gel and La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat Anti-Shine Face Moisturizer for Oily Skin
4) LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER – The perfect beach waves aren’t that hard to achieve, all it takes is a few products, curling iron and voila! But the key to maintaining a good wave is by locking it in with a leave-in conditioner, as it controls the frizz and keeps the moisture in your hair intact. Invest in a good leave-in conditioner if you want that effortless bounce and knotless volume while you’re sailing in a yacht.
Leave-In conditioner recommendations: Schwarzkopf Bonacure Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner and TIGI Bed Head Colour Goddess Leave-In Conditioner
5) WATERPROOF MASCARA –When you’re on a holiday you want to keep your glam look au-natural, so you can ditch the heavy-duty eye products for a swirl of mascara and your curled-up lashes will more than makeup for a winged eyeliner. It is important to go for waterproof mascara because only then will it not run down on your face while you’re making a splash and having a good time.
Mascara recommendations: MAC In Extra Dimension Lash Mascara and Benefit They’re Real Mascara.
6) FACE MIST –To feel constantly energized and refreshed, a pocket-size face mist is a quick instant fix. Just a few sprints and you get a sudden energy boost, which is exactly what you need when you’re exploring new places on a holiday. It also works as a primer and a source of hydration when you’re on the go.
Face Mist recommendations: Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief and The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist Put them down on your list while packing for your next holiday and thanks us later for that dewy sun-kissed skin.